Traditionally the Real Estate market goes into hibernation during the cooler months of the year.
“It’s too cold and it’s too wet” are the common objections we hear, but we are going to challenge your thinking to this myth, because there are some real benefits of putting your home on the market at this time of year.
– As the property market quietens down during this period there are less homes for sale on the market, which means less competition for your home.
– The cold and wet weather tends to deter people from ‘just looking’ at properties for something to do, meaning that the people out looking are generally more serious about buying property.
– Although the trees have lost all of their leaves, your lawns and gardens will be looking green and lush (although require a little more maintenance to keep everything neat and tidy).
– Making a great first impression when someone looks through your home can be as simple as turning on the heater, even better if you have an open fire place! You can also easily add to that warm homely feeling by introducing quilted or knitted throws and floor rugs, these will also add some colour to your homes décor.
– If you have a rural property the cool winter air can really add something peaceful and a bit magical for potential buyers.
– Once you have sold your property you will be ready to look for a new home in the spring rush, that you yourselves have already beaten with the sale of your property.